As an Equine Technician, you will be responsible for patient care, assisting with equine appointments, barn maintenance and cleanliness, and other equine care as directed by the Equine Veterinarians. Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of equine handling experience, 2-3 years minimum of experience as a CVT, and be comfortable performing proper horse handling, stall cleaning, and other miscellaneous tasks as needed. This position requires attention to detail, avid record-keeping skills, computer literacy, and customer service skills.
Equine Certified Veterinary Technician
- Complete the employment application
- Send the completed application, your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title the subject line “Attn: Hiring Manager – ‘Put the name of the position you are applying for here’”
- Phone Interview – If you are a good fit the hiring manager will reach out to you to set up a brief phone interview to answer questions and hear more about your interest in working at our clinic
- In-person formal Interview – This interview will take place with the hiring manager at the clinic and will typically be between 30 minutes and 1 hour
- In-person informal Interview – This interview will give you an opportunity to see a day in the life at our clinic and give you a chance to meet our staff. You will be informally interviewed by senior staff members during this day-long experience.
- Job Offer – If you are a good fit our hiring manager will send you a job offer letter for your signature
- Onboarding Process – Once the job offer letter has been signed your start date and paperwork will be completed
- Hired! – Training Process – On day one, training begins!